The #1 Clear Bracket
Unlike ceramic brackets that are opaque and colored to mimic a particular tooth shade, Inspire ICE™ brackets are crystal clear and virtually disappear regardless of tooth shade. The only completely transparent bracket on the market, Inspire ICE is the only true aesthetic solution for ALL patients.
Easy to Bond
Inspire Ice utilizes Ormco’s patented ball-base technology, which reduces the force required to debond. A simplified debonding procedure ensures that brackets come off easily and consistently — simply engage the Inspire ICE debonding instrument under the tie-wing area and pivot the instrument toward the occlusal/incisal edge.
Maximum Tie-Wing Strength
Advances in heat-treatment technology allow us to produce brackets that are twice as resistant to breakage than other ceramic appliances. Torque strength is nearly three times that of other ceramic brackets such as Clarity™.
Smooth and Comfortable
Inspire ICE is the lowest profile ceramic bracket on the market and is manufactured with an innovative boron tumbling process that provides a smooth surface and rounded facial contours to greatly enhance patient comfort.
Excellent Sliding Mechanics
Inspire ICE has an ultra-smooth, heat-polished surface that dramatically reduces friction. Laboratory tests prove the frictional resistance of Inspire ICE to be better than ceramic brackets with a metal slot insert. Note: Testing performed with .017 x .025 Copper Ni-Ti® archwire in .018 slot brackets.
Fast, Accurate Placement
Ormco’s rhomboid shape, tooth-specific pad contours and unique Face Paint™ system for bracket-to-tooth contrast provide fast, accurate bracket placement. New lower bicuspid brackets offer patients a complete 20-unit aesthetic option.
The following procedure was designed to help you safely debond Inspire Ice brackets, using the Inspire Ice debonding kit (#803-0205): Inspire ICE Wax Bite
1. Remove all ligatures and archwires. Should you find that using a soft wax bite during debonding makes your patients feel more comfortable, one has been provided in the debonding kit. Heat the wax bite prior to use, if necessary, to ensure that all teeth are well supported, but allow the wax to cool down before applying debonding forces. Due to the fact that the wax bite comes in one size, you may need to trim it down to avoid interfering with bracket access.
2. Using the Inspire Ice debonding instrument, grasp the bracket under the occlusal and gingival tie-wings. Squeeze the instrument handles firmly until they touch. Hold the instrument in this position for several seconds.
3. With the handles still touching, pivot the debonding instrument toward the occlusal/incisal edge, using gradually increasing force until the bracket releases from the tooth. Do not snap, pull or twist the bracket. Inspire Ice utilizes Ormco’s patented ball-base technology, which reduces the force required to debond.
Note: Inspire Ice brackets are designed to fail at the interface between the bracket and the adhesive, for the safety of enamel. as a result, some or all of the adhesive will remain on the tooth after the bracket is removed. The Inspire Ice debonding kit is intended for single-patient use only. Please dispose of instrument immediately after use.
- Hyper-Aesthetic Orthodontics — Giving People What They Want by Dr. Stephen Tracey Volume 9, Number 1, 2000
- Crystal-Clear Sapphire Brackets — The Inspired Alternative to Invisalign by Dr. Stephen Tracey Volume 10, Number 2, 2001
- A History Lesson — Inspire Sapphire Brackets by Dr. Michael L. Swartz Volume 10, Number 3, 2001
- Angle study on tiewing strength of various ceramic brackets by Johnson G, Walker MP, Kula K. Fracture Strength of Ceramic Bracket Tie Wings Subjected to Tension. Journal of Clinical Orthodontics. 2005;75:95—100
- #1 Improved Tie-Wing Strength White Paper
- 740-0267 — Patient Information Brochures — English (pack of 40)
- 070-5457 — Patient Information Brochures — Spanish (pack of 40)
- 070-5464 — Point of Purchase Display — English
- 070-5465 — Point of Purchase Display — Spanish
- 070-5452 — Waiting Room Poster — Female
- 070-5453 — Waiting Room Poster — Male
- 717-1026 — Consultation Typodont