Clear Performance. More Control.
Actual Damon patients wearing Damon Clear. Treated by Dr. Todd Bovenizer.
Offering the same crystal clear performance with more control, Damon™ Clear2 allows you to treat a wide variety of cases with outstanding results so your practice and your patients can put their best face forward.
- 100% CLEAR BRACKET BODY AND SLIDE for the supreme aesthetics patients demand
- SELF-LIGATING BRACKET DESIGN eliminates the need for elastomerics which stain and collect bacteria
- FOUR SOLID WALLS with improved precision slot for 2x the rotational control** for meticulous finishing and efficient treatment
- INNOVATIVE SPINTEK™ SLIDE for easy and comfortable wire changes
- PATENTED LASER-ETCHED PAD for optimal bond strength and reliability
Doctors treating with Damon Clear now have access to a new online consultation tool offered by Ormco. My Smile Consult™ is designed to increase case starts by educating patients on the benefits of orthodontia and the Damon™ System including Damon Clear.
- 25+ videos and numerous photos
- Interactive with unique dashboards for adult females, adult males, parents and teens
- For use before, during, and/or after the consultation
- Customizable with your practice branding, patient photos, and testimonials
** As compared to Damon Clear upper 3-3 brackets.
- Completely aesthetic passive self-ligation bracket with unparalleled design.
- Polycrystalline alumina (PCA) material is resistant to staining from coffee, mustard, red wine and other agents.
- Eliminates the need for elastomerics, which stain and collect bacteria during treatment.
- Advanced passive self-ligation technology with low ligation force, minimizing frictional resistance for more efficient tooth movement.
- Sturdy construction with fortified slide, window channel and tiewings for exceptional strength and durability.
- Four solid walls enable effective torque expression and rotation control for meticulous finishing.
- Customized base design with patented laser-etched pad provides optimal bond strength for greater reliability.
- Smooth, rounded contours for outstanding patient comfort.
- Optional brackets with discrete contoured hooks for elastics and other auxiliaries.
- Fast, comfortable debonding experience for patients when using the Damon Clear Debonding Instrument.
- No flash removal using a burr or scaler required.
Precision Bracket Placement
- Removable positioning gauge with scaler notch and rhomboid-shaped bracket and pad guide bracket placement for smile arc enhancement.
- Color-coded positioning gauges on brackets (3-3) denote torque values.
Fast and Easy Wire Changes
- Innovative SpinTek™ slide employs reciprocal forces during opening for fast, comfortable wire changes and adjustments.
- To open the slide, a simple twist using the SpinTek Opening Instrument disperses forces in opposite directions for a net force of 0kg — even with calculus buildup.
- Other self-ligation brackets require unidirectional forces to open the slide, exerting up to 1.34 kg of pressure that can cause extreme patient discomfort.
- Three multi-site in vivo clinical trials involving 335 patients and 2,010 Damon Clear brackets. The reported rate of Damon Clear bracket failures decreased from 3% in the first clinical trial to less than 1% in subsequent trials following adoption of proper wire sequence protocols.
- A series of in vitro design verification tests to compare various designs of Damon Clear with In-Ovation C and other Damon brackets. Compared with In-Ovation C, Damon Clear showed up to 70% greater rotational strength, 13% greater torque strength, 13% greater tensile debonding strength, and 57% greater shear debonding strength. Damon Clear slides were less likely to open in error during treatment than In-Ovation C. Compared with the earlier design of Damon Clear used in the first two clinical trials, the final production version of Damon Clear showed 73% greater bracket ear strength and 169% more rotational strength.
- Third-party researchers conducted two in vitro studies to simulate any in vivo wear and evaluate the strength of Damon Clear brackets. Damon Clear experienced no structural wear after one year of simulated in vivo use.
- Two in vitro stain tests were conducted using Damon Clear for up to eight weeks using coffee, mustard and red wine as well as various adhesives and primers from different manufacturers. Damon Clear was resistant to staining.
- An in vivo debonding evaluation compared debonding of Damon Clear brackets with debonding of In-Ovation C brackets. During testing, independent clinical evaluators rated Damon Clear as easier to use than In-Ovation C. Patients rated Damon Clear as more comfortable during debonding than In-Ovation C.
Download detailed information on the Damon Clear clinical evaluations here.
From Damon Optimal-Force Copper Ni-Ti® to Low-Friction TMA™ and stainless steel, each wire is backed by Ormco’s technologically advanced manufacturing and quality control processes. That means unsurpassed batch-to-batch consistency for reliable, predictable results.
Each wire must have sufficient time to express itself before progression to the next wire. For anterior torque expression, use either pre-torqued nickel titanium archwires to make the appropriate bends in TMA or titanium niobium. For rotational bends, use TMA or titanium niobium.
Do not make finishing bends in stainless steel wires, since such bends may result in fractures.
With the wedge of the instrument positioned on the occlusal side of the bracket, place the instrument jaws behind the gingival and occlusal tie-wings. Squeeze the instrument handle to close the jaws around the bracket body.
Continue squeezing the instrument handle to engage the wedge and advance it toward the bracket pad. As the wedge comes into contact with the tooth, it will peel the bracket from the tooth. NOTE: Twisting the instrument while gripping the bracket may result in patient discomfort and/or bracket deformation.
Prescription & Ordering Information
Damon™ Clear Brackets
Damon™ Single Patient Kits
Available in 5-5 and 7-7 Damon™ Q and Damon™ Clear2 options, Damon Single Patient Kits feature high-end packaging
|5-5 U/L Damon Q Single Patient Kit: Std Tq||740-1400|
|5-5 U/L Damon Q Single Patient Kit: U2-2 Low Tq||740-1401|
|5-5 U/L Damon Q Single Patient Kit: U3-3 High Tq, L2-2 Low Tq||740-1402|
|7-7 U/L Damon Q Single Patient Kit: Std Tq, Snaplink & Ti Tubes||740-1403|
|7-7 U/L Damon Q Single Patient Kit: U2-2 Low Tq, Snaplink & Ti Tubes||740-1404|
|7-7 U/L Damon Q Single Patient Kit: U3-3 High Tq, L2-2 Low Tq, Snaplink & Ti Tubes||740-1405|
|7-7 U/L Damon Clear2 (U3-3), Damon Q & Damon Clear (L3-3)|
Single Patient Kit: Std Tq, Snaplink & Ti Tubes
|5-5 U/L Damon Clear2 (U3-3), Damon Q & Damon Clear (L3-3)|
Single Patient Kit: Std Tq
|5-5 U/L Damon Clear2 (U3-3), Damon Clear (U4&5/L3-3) & Damon Q|
Single Patient Kit: Std Tq
|7-7 U/L Damon Clear2 (U3-3), Damon Clear (U4&5/L3-3) & Damon Q|
Single Patient Kit: Std Tq, Snaplink & Ti Tubes
Note: When bracket torque is not specified, standard torque brackets are used.
|SpinTek™ Opening Tool**||866-4014|
|SpinTek Opening/Closing Tool**||866-4016|
|Damon Clear Debonding Instrument||866-4019|
|Blugloo™ Adhesive Syringe Kit||740-0274|
|Blugloo Adhesive Unidose™ Kit||740-0275|
|Demi Ortho™ Curing Light||707-1015|
**For use with Damon Clear, Damon Q™ and SnapLink™ tubes.
Practice Marketing Materials
|Damon Clear Typodont||717-0115|
|Damon Clear 14x Consultation Model||717-0125|
|Damon Clear Patient Brochures — English (40 per pack)||070-5585|
|Damon Clear Patient Brochures Pack — Spanish (40 per pack)||070-5620|
|Damon Clear POP Display (brochure holder) — English||070-5586|
|Damon Clear POP Display (brochure holder) — Spanish||070-5621|
|Damon System Patient Brochures — English (40 per pack)||070-5117|
|Damon System Patient Brochures — Spanish (40 per pack)||070-5458|
|Damon System POP Display (brochure holder) — English||070-5469|
|Damon System POP Display (brochure holder) — Spanish||070-5606|
|Damon Clear Consultation Card — Spanish||070-5608|