Ormco is proud to announce that VectorTAS is a 2013 Orthotown Ortho Townie Choice Award® winner in the temporary anchorage device category.
The Ortho Townie Choice Awards® is an industry-voted awards program recognizing exceptional products and service in the orthodontic field. We thank our customers and Orthotown for this honor.
VectorTAS provides clinicians with a fast, effective means to treat a full range of orthodontic cases without compensating for the inadvertent reciprocal movement of adjacent teeth.
Designed by orthodontists specifically for orthodontic use, VectorTAS is a coordinated system of miniscrews, attachments and instruments that provide clinicians with all the benefits of temporary anchorage:
- Reduced anchorage demand for more control
- Surgery cases treated without surgery
- No headgear and reduced reliance on patient compliance
- Reduced treatment time
- Greater patient comfort
VectorTAS is the only complete system that combines user-friendly protocols, products, packaging and mechanics to simplify your treatment and improve patient care.
- Simple color-coded atlas guides proper miniscrew selection
- Complete starter kit for one-stop shopping
- Needle-free anesthesia for greater comfort and improved patient acceptance
The proprietary VectorTAS Atlas eliminates guesswork by matching each color-coded miniscrew to its ideal anatomical and biomechanical implant site.
*Needle-free anesthetic delivery not included
VectorTAS Starter Kit
The most complete kit on the market, the VectorTAS Starter Kit contains everything you need to treat 10 cases*, including the patented VectorTAS Atlas.
VectorTAS Kit Contents:
- Four 6mm pre-sterilized miniscrews (1.4mm dia.)
- Ten 8mm pre-sterilized miniscrews (1.4mm dia.)
- Two 10mm pre-sterilized miniscrews (2.0mm dia.)
- Two 12mm pre-sterilized miniscrews (2.0mm dia.)
- Modular Driver w/40mm tip and contra-head assembly w/22mm tip (PN 601-0007)
- Gingiva-colored typodont w/one miniscrew; no braces (PN 717-1054)
- Two tissue punches (disposable)
- Two initiator tips
- Six 5mm 150g single delta spring w/swivel
- Six 10mm 150g single delta spring w/swivel
- Six 5mm 150g double delta spring
- Six 10mm 150g double delta spring
- Six crimpable posts
- Placement technique guide with color-coded atlas
- Chairside protocol guide
The VectorTAS kit is extremely well thought out — from the color-coded screws down to the intuitive packaging. I’m elated over how easy this kit makes placing miniscrews…correctly by Dr. Stuart Frost
Syrijet Needle-Free Anesthetic
The Syrijet Mark II needle-less injector is a precision instrument that helps doctors anesthetize patient quickly and easily while eliminating unnecessary patient discomfort and needle apprehension. Developed by Mizzy, Inc., and available through Ormco, the Syrijet enables doctors to deliver reliable sub-topical anesthesia in all areas of the mouth to facilitate VectorTAS™ miniscrew placement.
VectorTAS was developed by a team of orthodontists with the idea that all miniscrew systems are not created equal. Although there are many TADs marketed for orthodontic anchorage, VectorTAS is the only complete system with a full array of orthodontic-specific miniscrews, TAD-specific attachments and instruments designed to make temporary anchorage easy, intuitive, and effective.
From end to end, every aspect of the VectorTAS miniscrew has been optimized to deliver maximum strength, stability, and clinical excellence.
- Self-tapping and self-drilling to minimize the need for tissue punches or pilot drills
- Asymmetric buttress thread design for enhanced pullout strength
- Patented double-delta head for greater comfort and treatment flexibility
- Tissue-suppression stops to prevent tissue overgrowth
- Titanium 6-4 for maximum strength and biocompatibility
Greater patient comfort
- Wider and flatter for greater surface area
- No sharp edges from wire slots or hex bolts
Greater clinical flexibility
- Provides a self-ligating lock on VectorTAS attachments for ease of use and secure engagement
- Allows mid-treatment adjustment without removal of attachments
Thread Forming vs. Thread Cutting
Each VectorTAS miniscrew is sized and equipped with a specific thread design based on the soft-tissue depth and density of bone in its designated placement area.
The 6mm and 8mm miniscrews have a smaller diameter and smaller collar for placement between roots in thin cortical bone with attached gingiva.
The larger 10mm and 12mm miniscrews are designed to be stronger for placement in denser bone with thicker soft tissue and no concern for root impingement.
Delta Coil Springs
- Ligate and lock spring to miniscrew easily while allowing full freedom of movement
- Swiveling head eliminates unwanted rotational and torsional forces associated with loading and unloading
- Available in a variety of lengths and force levels
- Developed by Dr. Nicole Scheffler to treat anterior open bites and sold through AOA Laboratory
- Quickly and easily intrudes the maxillary posterior segment
- Equipped with multiple vector hooks to allow simultaneous Class II or Class III correction
Meet The VectorTAS™ Team
A key philosophy in the development of VectorTAS was to design and build an orthodontic-specific implant system at the direction of a team of orthodontists with distinguished and varied clinical experience.
VectorTAS is as much about the system as it is about the screw. Any company can provide a box of screws and a screwdriver; only Ormco empowers the orthodontist with confidence. VectorTAS provides all of the necessary design elements, attachments, and educational materials needed to help the busy orthodontist quickly implement and master temporary skeletal anchorage in their own practice. by John W. Graham, DDS, MD
After evaluating virtually every miniscrew on the market and treating hundreds of cases with different temporary anchorage devices, I can honestly say that VectorTAS is the most effective and user-friendly temporary anchorage system available today. by Stephen Tracey, DDS, MS
The VectorTAS coordinated attachments are easy to place, comfortable for patients, and allow us to treat the most difficult cases with sound biomechanical principles. by Nicole Scheffler, DDS, MS
A team of engineers and orthodontists developed a highly effective and user friendly system that is, I believe, state-of-the-art. by James Hilgers, DDS, MS
Although VectorTAS is certainly ideal for complex orthodontic cases, its greatest strength lies in the treatment of everyday malocclusions. The following cases indicate how temporary skeletal anchorage can simplify case treatment by providing greater control.
|VectorTAS STARTER KIT (10 — Patient)
|VectorTAS 6MM MINI-SCREW — PK6
|VectorTAS 8MM MINI-SCREW — PK6
|VectorTAS 10MM MINI-SCREW — PK6
|VectorTAS 12MM MINI-SCREW — PK6
|SYRIJET MARK II NEEDLE-LESS INJECTOR
|SYRIJET REFILL WATER VIALS PK 50
|VectorTAS MODULAR DRIVER W/TIPS
|VectorTAS DRIVER TIP 40MM — PK2
|VectorTAS DRIVER TIP 22MM — PK2
|VectorTAS TISSUE PUNCH — PK6
|VectorTAS INITIATOR — PK2
|VectorTAS SINGLE DELTA 10MM 50G SPRING W/SWIVEL — PK6
|VectorTAS SINGLE DELTA 10MM 150G SPRING W/SWIVEL — PK6
|VectorTAS SINGLE DELTA 10MM 250G SPRING W/SWIVEL — PK6
|VectorTAS SINGLE DELTA 5MM 50G SPRING W/SWIVEL — PK6
|VectorTAS SINGLE DELTA 5MM 150G SPRING W/SWIVEL — PK6
|VectorTAS SINGLE DELTA 5MM 250G SPRING W/SWIVEL — PK6
|VectorTAS DOUBLE DELTA 5MM 150G SPRING — PK6
|VectorTAS DOUBLE DELTA 10MM 150G SPRING — PK6
|VectorTAS DOUBLE DELTA 10MM 250G SPRING- PK6
|VectorTAS DOUBLE DELTA 5MM 250G SPRING- PK6
|VectorTAS CRIMPABLE POST — PK6
|VectorTAS CURVED BONDABLE DELTA BUTTON PK6
|VectorTAS FLAT BONDABLE DELTA BUTTON PK6
|VectorTAS TRAINING TYPODONT #1
|VectorTAS TRAINING TYPODONT #2
|VectorTAS TECHNIQUE CARD
|VectorTAS CONSULTATION TYPODONT
|VectorTAS CHAIRSIDE PROTOCOL GUIDE
|VectorTAS DEMONSTRATION DVD
|VectorTAS KIT TYPODONT